Here is the Sedgwick 571 Mortiser Painted

Cost of machine £320 paint £27.96 total £347.96p

The Sedgwick looks a little different today

Everything stripped off and a coat of primer sprayed on.

Two Birds with one stone

We went to the Nauticat Association AGM in Bristol on Saturday night at the Novotel then sunday morning went over to Cardiff to pick up this

I won it Friday night on Ebay 🙂

Another project done today

Using up some more scrap pieces 🙂

It’s hour digits are inlaid beech, It’s 400mm x 400mm square

The side table was put in it’s parking place

Here it is in position.

The basket came from Next.

Candle stand

Made this yesterday, believe it or not there is actually ten pieces of wood glued together in this piece. 🙂

This pic gives you some idea of how big it is.

Finished the side table

I finished the side table today.

Here are some more pics, starting where I left off yesterday.

The base and top were glued up.

Then the top was squared up and sized.

Next the shoulders were cut.

Then the cheeks were cut off.

After drilling the breadboard ends were glued only near the centre and fitted.

Next the tennons were fine fitted.

After drilling the breadboard ends were glued only near the centre and fitted.

Here is the finished table after a coat of Danish oil.


😀

The full set of pictures can be seen as a slide show at this url.